Trailbuilder Young Hahn leads a trail-working organization which performs
trail maintenance within the Baldy area, doing trail repairs and maintenance
Manker Flats, and the very popular trails going to the
If you are interested in volunteering to do trail work within the Baldy
Bowl area, here is some of the information that the group has offered to
the Trailbuilders to pass along. For more information, there is an EMail
address offered below which you can use to ask for more details.
The next major trail-working event will be Saturday July 9th, starting at
8:00 a.m. To register to participate in the event, please email
email us at this link (firstname.lastname@example.org)
to let us know that you are coming.
Contact The Baldy Group:
- We have been working on the
Baldy Bowl trail
Manker Flats to the
- The meeting location for trail volunteers is the
Padua Park Parking
Lot, 4270 Padua Ave., Claremont, CA 91711. The parking lot is for
- The meeting time at Padua is 8:00 AM every 2nd Saturday of the month.
- We ask that volunteers show up on time and be ready to do physical labor
for up to 6 hours using tools such as shovels, picks and hammers. We supply
all of the necessary tools.
- Participating volunteers need to prepare their own lunches and bring
drinking water. Working boots, hats and sun block are strongly recommended.
- Some hiking experience on high altitude is recommended for this work since
we will be working between 6000 to 8,000 feet of altitude.
- Volunteers meet once every month until snow makes trail working too
difficult to perform safely, so we work about 8 to 9 times during the year.
- High School and college students are encouraged to participate for
volunteering, and community activity credit will be issued.
- This is not a Rain or Shine event, either rain or snow will automatically
cancel the day's volunteering!